How to Prepare for Your Move
- Do a little each day and start early, do not wait until the last minute to do everything.
- Arrange termination date for all your utilities and services.
- Change of address with all parties that need to be notified.
- Make sure all appliances that will be moving are disconnected. If they are powered by natural gas a plumber can disconnect and cap off the gas line.
- Pack one room at a time.
- Do a little each day, pack a couple a cartons a day.
- Mark all boxes or label with what room it is going into.
- Make sure the bottom of the boxes are secured and will support the weight of the items packed inside.
- Pack heavier items in the bottom of the box and lighter items toward the top. A general rule to remember on box size – the heavier the item, the smaller the carton.
- Please call for with any questions on how to pack certain items. We are very willing to give advice.