Moving in 2021: Tips to Make This Easier
Rick Supplee - Tuesday, December 15, 2020
Those who have decided to move at the beginning of 2021 are facing unique challenges. Why is this? Consider the holidays — not only are you probably packing up some things during Christmas, but you may be moving a bit after the new year.
On one hand, if you are moving in January, you won’t have to worry about moving with wrapped, ready-to-give gifts. On the other, if you go with the traditional timeline for your move, you may be packing during Christmas. We have a few tips that can make this a bit easier and still allow you to enjoy the holidays!
Maximizing Your Early 2021 Move
- You may need to start packing earlier than you thought. After all, how many holiday events will you be attending? Whether this is a family potluck or attending holiday commitments for your job, you might find yourself short on spare time to pack up.
- Start packing items you know you won’t need for the next month or so. For example, go ahead and pack lightweight spring and summer clothes.
- Try to avoid hosting holiday gatherings at your home. It’s only going to make you even more stressed when trying to make your home appear perfect for guests, while still packing and getting ready for your move.
- You can still put out your holiday decorations to make your home feel festive during this time of year. However, you may want to scale it back a bit, so you don’t have more to pack at the last minute.
- Prepare for inclement weather. You might have to deal with snow and rain, or moving day could be sunny, but with freezing temperatures. Get ready for this by having the right clothing and supplies to make this easier and safer! Remember to clear all snow from walkways before your movers arrive.
Believe it or not, a lot of people do move during the holiday season or right afterward. The secrets to success are proper planning to make this work for you and having the right professional mover on your side.
We look forward to working with you during the rest of 2020 and into 2021.
Happy holidays! We hope your 2021 brings you all the happiness and success you deserve. And remember, if you’re moving during 2021, you’ll be starting the new year with a blank slate, so make the most of it.