Spring Is Peak Moving Season
Rick Supplee - Wednesday, April 21, 2021
April brings us sudden spring rain showers, flowers blooming all around and the beginning of peak moving season. When the weather grows warmer and the days get longer, people start thinking about selling their home and making a fresh start. After all, spring symbolizes growth and rebirth!
Packing and Moving Tips for a Spring Move
Packing for a springtime move is not much different than getting ready to move at any other time of year. However, since April has a reputation for unpredictable weather, here are some helpful tips for you:
- Keep a close eye on the weather forecast for the day of your move, and adjust your plans as needed. These changes could be as straightforward as ensuring you’ve cleared enough space for the moving truck to pull up to your garage, or keeping your rain boots out to wear.
- Remember, students may go on spring breaks throughout April, resulting in more traffic as people are going on mini vacations.
- Thoroughly seal your moving boxes to avoid their contents getting dusted with pollen!
Getting Your Home Ready to Sell
Spring also marks the busiest time of year for many real estate agents, who often have more listings and showings in warmer weather than they do in fall and winter. If your goal is to move in the spring, you may be trying to sell your home as quickly as possible. Here are a few tried-and-true methods that help you get your home ready to sell sooner:
- Do a deep spring cleaning. A tidy home always shows better and helps people envision themselves living there.
- Declutter by putting unnecessary or rarely used items into storage.
- Make your home photo ready. That may mean painting a few walls to make them look bright and cheerful, or even adding new window treatments to let more natural light come in.
- A few hours of yard cleanup can easily enhance your home’s curb appeal.
Book Early for a Spring Move
If you’re planning to move this spring, it’s essential to book early with your movers! If you wait until the last minute, you may find they can’t accommodate the day or week you wanted. As soon as you have a desired date or have decided on a timeframe when you want the move to take place, call for a quote immediately.
Rick Supplee, owner